Saturday, March 02, 2013

You are mine and I am yours...


Floating in a sea of emotions I live almost infinitely,
Seeing me there is just nothing you can say definitely...
Some call me corrupt, some feel I am the purest that can be;
Some believe I am the greatest gift they can ever hope to see...

I have been with you always even when your shadow leaves your side,
And also when the smile direct from your heart is impossible to hide...
With you I have stayed - sometimes you have let me dry,
When those that you trusted took your heart for a deep fry...

I have given you the strength to fight everyone - nay, yourself the most,
Without me to such strong a character you could never have been the host...

For others there is a mirror to your soul,
And living in it I am the everlasting ghoul,
At your whims playing different roles all day along,
Sometimes round, sometimes flat, and sometimes long...

I am the tear in your eye, and to me you have always belonged,
For I know truly in my absence, for me how you have always longed...

P.S. Sachin Dev Burman's voice singing -
Bahe ansoo to hai paani, ruke to ye moti bane,
Ye moti aankhon ki poonji hai ye na khoye...
Kahe ko roye... Chahe jo hoye...

No comments: