Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Serenity and calmness. Two words to describe my state today. As if all commotion has been magically blocked out. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened since yesterday. But I’ve felt so peaceful since I went to that temple yesterday, and had a nice drive on that deserted 4 km stretch of road, with cool breeze touching my face, stars and moon shining in that clear sky beautifully, and nature revelling undisturbed and unpolluted. Throughout that drive I was almost in a trance, loving every moment, so much so that I was really dissappointed when I reached more civilised parts. And ironically, the temple itself marked the beginning of human encroachment. It felt so good to almost realise again that however the destructive ability of humans may have grown, there are, at least as of now, still vast areas whose stillness and peace has remained undisturbed. How I would have loved to go for a long long walk on that road ! How wonderful those maiden fields looked ! Such a pattern in the seemingly random beauty of nature… such an organisation in the disorganised symbiotism on exhibit. Everything seems to be so much in place, so much belonging where it is. No discordant note anywhere, no sudden disturbances in the waves of the ocean, no unknown odours floating with the aroma of soil. Makes me remember a lot, and crave for a lot more. That is where I was born, that is where I belong, and that is where I’ll meet my end.

No comments: