Sunday, February 17, 2013

Musings of a bounced cheque...


When you gave me away you had that sly smile,
A far away look, as if across the length of the Nile…
Did you always intend this to be my fate ?
Did you know I would be degraded at this rate ?

One moment a prince, the next a pauper,
Designed to definitely come a cropper…
Am I a mere instrument for that inevitable transaction ?
Am I a mere shield to be used when in the thick of action ?

You have made me thus – thrown from one bank to another,

Even my custodians in disgust look at each other,
About my existence they did call you to inform,
But you let it pass as if it were less exception, more the norm…

To the mischievous lad you had me given,

Of your trust I was supposed to be a token;
You broke it – now you’ll have to pay for it damages,
Come the beginning of month these will be charges…

To my name they have added “Bounced” forever,

But you know it, coz for you it’s hardly the first time ever…

No comments: